Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Day Fifteen – Challenge #2

Oooh, I wanted to eat today! I had a very stressful day at work after a night of very little sleep and I just wanted to eat to comfort myself. Having turned to food for comfort for so many years, food remains my automatic go-to, even if only in thought these days. I am so used to eating as a form of comfort that it becomes a very hard thing to resist. What I found today was that I turned to wine instead! Hardly the ideal alternative but sitting out by the beach watching the waves in the sunshine whilst enjoying a couple of glasses of wine with my man is a far cry from secret supermarket shopping for large amounts of junk food to then eat in secret, never even noticing the taste of the food or enjoying the experience. I consider this progress.

Breakfast – Coffee, followed by a smoothie of banana, avocado, coconut oil, cacao powder, salt

Snack – Coffee

Lunch – My coconut-almond granola with full fat milk

Pre-dinner drinks – 2 glasses of red wine

Dinner – Homemade beef burger patty served with parsnip chips and steamed broccoli and snow peas, another glass of red wine, a couple of chunks of raw chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment