Thursday, March 22, 2012

Update

It’s been over a week since I last posted. I haven’t fallen off the wagon or gone back to binge eating but the illness I mentioned in my last post has taken its toll and I’ve been feeling very unmotivated to write.

I am pleased (and very surprised) that I did not fall back into old habits during this time, a time when I not only wanted comfort but I also felt too unwell to cook a lot of the time. By ‘old habits’ I mean binge eating and junk food frenzies.

I admit I may have had a fair bit of spelt sourdough toast and chocolate (!) but other than that, my food has remained similar to how it has been since I started my first challenge. I am curious at how I have managed this to be honest. Food still has such a pull that I have continued to be surprised at how well I am doing at steering clear of the processed stuff and the sugar and grains. If I could see an obvious alternative I have been ‘using’ or getting my comfort from then I could perhaps explain it, but so far it still seems more about determination and accountability than anything else. I am not sure where I have redirected the emotion that used to get comforted by food. Or perhaps the food thing had just become more of a habit rather than an emotional crux? I’m not sure what this means but regardless I am marvelling at it, staying mindful over it and actually quite enjoying watching it unfold.

I haven’t kept track on what I’ve been eating daily so I can’t update my food diary for the missing days but I plan to start again from now on.

No comments:

Post a Comment