Thursday, April 26, 2012

Day Thirteen – Mini Challenge

A public holiday here in Australia  for Anzac Day so I had planned a lie in and a lazy day. Forgetting that I live around the corner from the local RSL though who of course had a dawn service, I was woken at 6am by music, trumpets and eventually the national anthem! Still, it enabled me to feel like I had joined in even if from the luxury of my bed!

It was a windy and chilly day but there wasn’t a cloud in the sky and the sun was shining. I went for a walk along the beach late morning and enjoyed the warmth of the sun and a coffee. Then it was home for some cooking, cleaning and airing out the flat.

I made my Mum’s onion soup for the first time ever, using homemade chicken stock and lovely caramelised onions. I ate it for lunch to warm up and it reminded me so much of my childhood! Yum!

Breakfast – A sweet omelette with chopped banana and a dollop of cream

Mid morning – Coffee

Lunch – Onion soup with a small amount of grated cheese

Dinner - Beef mince and vegetable bolognese with grated cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment