Monday, April 16, 2012

Day Three – Mini Challenge

I should know by now but leaving leftover binge food in the house overnight is never a good idea. It's too tempting. Whilst I was able to pull the ice cream out the freezer and throw the last of it down the sink, two chocolate cookies were eaten before breakfast. Like yesterday, that's hard for me write and admit. But it's true. The last two cookies however, I did throw out.

I (over) analysed my binge all day and I have decided to note down 2 'justifications' I used to reason why a binge was ok.

Firstly that I knew I was seeing a new personal trainer on Monday and therefore decided that that would refocus me but I might as well eat junk food until then.

Secondly, I knew that nobody would be angry at me if I admitted I went off plan. I knew that anybody I chose to tell would be sympathetic and tell me not to feel guilty etc. Because of this it felt like I was 'allowed' to binge, that people would be supportive and therefore it was ok to do it.

Crazy looking back on these excuses now. Neither of them make any sense when I think about what I am trying to achieve for myself. The binge monster swept in though and in that moment, I couldn't find the space to say no.

Instead of allowing this to dictate the rest of the challenge I am still set on completing it as I said yesterday. And after the two early morning cookies, I did thankfully eat some healthier food!

Breakfast - Two chocolate cookies then a few hours later I had a big breakfast of 2 sausages and 2 eggs on sourdough toast

Snack - Coffee

Dinner - Homemade pork mince and vegetable bolognese served with roast parsnip. I grated on some organic cheese after I took the photo.

DSC_0001

No comments:

Post a Comment