Sunday, February 26, 2012

Day Six – Challenge #2

I had what I would class as a good day. My low self esteem and high levels of anxiety have prevented me doing many things over the years and many ‘normal’ situations and activities have felt too hard. Day six of this challenge saw me test myself in 2 of the areas where I have struggled.

Firstly, the beach. Two months ago I moved from inner Sydney to the northern beaches. I LOVE being by the beach, I love watching the waves and walking in the shallows, going for long walks in the sand, sitting watching the world go by and I love breathing in the fresh air and soaking in the calm I feel being by the sea. What I find very difficult though is sitting on the sand and relaxing, reading my book or sunbathing. Swimming in the sea or actually swimming in general is also something I find myself reluctant to do too. Today though I was able to make a slight step forward with this. Me and my man took a rug, some towels and books down to the beach and sat for a few hours relaxing. I don’t know what it is I find so hard about it but nonetheless it is uncomfortable for me. I had hoped to go for a swim but didn’t manage it, but maybe next time! Either way though I am still really pleased with the progress.

At the same time as I moved to the beach, I also bought myself this bicycle, isn’t she pretty?

red_ladies_singlespeed

I loved the idea of cycling around the beaches and getting some exercise too. The reality though was that I was very unconfident and nervous about actually giving it a go. After having the bike for over 2 months, I FINALLY braved it today!! After our trip to the beach, my man and I went for a lovely quiet bike ride up towards the lake and I LOVED it! It was really good fun and the feeling of accomplishment at finally doing it was really great too. Big smiles all round for that one : )

Breakfast – Leek, mushroom, zucchini and haloumi omelette

Snack – Coffee

Snack – Smoothie made from coconut cream, banana, coconut oil, cacao powder, salt

Dinner – On such a glorious sunny day, there is something really summery about ending the day with a BBQ. So that’s what we did! I ate a homemade beef burger and a couple of slices of haloumi with a big salad with a lime juice and coconut oil dressing. I also had 3 glasses of red wine and a few chunks of raw chocolate

No comments:

Post a Comment