Monday, January 9, 2012

42 Day Whole Foods Challenge

My name is Tash and I live in Sydney.

To get straight to the point, after years of emotional eating and yet a real passion for nutrition, I am embarking on a 6 week whole foods challenge. My emotional eating patterns have a tendency to sabotage my efforts to eat well so I am starting with a challenge to get me fired up and on track. For now, I will endeavour to at least get into the rhythm of whole foods eating and cut out the processed food with a view to further tweaks down the line.

The challenge: To complete 42 days of eating whole foods. With this is mind I will specifically be avoiding:


  • Margarine
  • Vegetable oils
  • Diet or Lite or Lean products
  • Juices
  • Dried fruits
  • Refined salt
  • Sugar
  • Artificial sweeteners
  • White flour products: e.g. pasta, bread etc
  • Cereal
  • Soft drinks, cordials, or flavoured waters
  • Processed condiments, sauces, pastes, jams and dressings
  • Soy
  • Nitrate deli meats
  • Non organic cheese or processed cheese
  • Canned foods
  • Ultra heated milks and stocks etc
  • Proteins powders, protein bars, muesli bars etc
  • Biscuits made out of flour
  • Cakes made out of flour
  • Processed chocolate
  • Poorly prepared nuts & seeds

Day One of the challenge began yesterday.

Breakfast: Smoothie with avocado, 2 raw eggs, strawberries, coconut oil, cacao powder, stevia and salt

Lunch: Home made minced beef patties with zucchini and onion sautéed in onion, home made grain free, sugar free coconut biscuit

Snack: Wholemeal spelt sourdough bread with butter

Dinner: Roast chicken with roasted purple carrots, roasted parsnip and steamed cauliflower

No comments:

Post a Comment