Sunday, January 29, 2012

Day Twenty One

Three weeks gone already, half way through!! It’s gone really quickly and I’m feeling far less bloated these days and looking forward to the next half and to greater improvements.

Me and my man went shopping today and bought a load of new kitchenware including some gorgeous cast iron pots and a SLOW COOKER!! I’m so excited about this purchase. Here it is making it’s first of many dishes I’m sure, this one is lamb bone broth.

DSC_0661 We were out and about for most of the day and until quite late so food was very much on the go. I whipped up a quick smoothie to have for breakfast in the car. I stick to a very similar recipe and don’t ever seem to get bored of it! Today's was strawberries, avocado, coconut oil, raw egg, cacao powder, stevia and salt. We stopped very briefly at Eveleigh markets and grabbed a coffee whilst we were there.

Lunch was in a food court at the shops and I was so hungry, I can't tell you how hard it was to make a healthy choice especially given how incredibly limited the choice was! I stuck to a vegetable frittata and a salad but it was far from tasty or satisfying. I tried not to get tempted by the huge chicken and bacon burger with fries that my man chose and scoffed right in front of me. I am proud to announce that I did not even pinch one single chip from his plate :)

Snack – After some shopping we popped to Coogee to see a friend and I  had another coffee, oops.

Dinner – Back home I was hungry and not inspired to cook so my man made me some sausages with an egg fried in butter, sautéed onions and a slice of spelt sourdough toast. I also had a glass of red wine and dessert was raw chocolate.

No comments:

Post a Comment