Monday, January 30, 2012

Day Twenty Two

Salads and I have never been friends. In fact cold food and I have never really been friends. I have always preferred a toasted sandwich to a cold sandwich, a warm pasta dish than a pasta salad and I’ve certainly never been one of those people who could grab a bit of leftover take away cold from the fridge the next morning, I’ve always bothered to reheat it. And yet, eating this way with far less sugar and far more fat, has made salads a far more appealing option. The key for me seems to be loading it with fat. It feels weird to write that – add fat to your salad. Traditionally people eat salads as a low-fat option after all.

Brunch– I couldn’t resist eating Day Twenty’s sweet omelette again however this time it got stuck to the bottom of the pan and it ended up quite a messy pile of sweet scrambled egg! Still delicious though!

DSC_0658 DSC_0660Snack – Coffee on the beach

Dinner – Haloumi, roasted squash, avocado and walnut salad with a coconut oil dressing

DSC_0664 DSC_0662

No comments:

Post a Comment